May 9, 2011

Cake in a Jar


OK so a huge "Thank You!" goes out to Amy Bowns for this wonderful idea! All you do is mix up your fav cake batter, fill some sanitized (I gave my jars a bath in some boiling water) mason jars about half full with batter and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. While the jars and cake are still hot hot hot, screw on your sanitized lids. The heat will seal the lid just like you are canning! The cake will stay fresh for weeks so it is the perfect thing to send to loved ones stationed overseas!!

I have prepared my brothers package so that will get mailed tomorrow and it includes various cake in a jars and frosting! I will be late for his birthday but I hope this will communicate how much I am thinking of him!

1 comment:

  1. I ended up eating all the cakes - They were too good to share! Thanks a ton for the care package it was very thoughtful

    ReplyDelete

Always excited to hear your thoughts or have you share ideas!