These muffins are whole wheat, vegan, reduced sugar and butter free. However, they taste truly decadent! Would be a great thing to bake up as a special treat with coffee on thanksgiving morning....
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins
makes 6 large or a dozen medium
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup stevia (can use all brown sugar)
1 TBS Baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger (I used fresh but dried would be fine)
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 cup pumpkin puree (I used canned)
1/2 cup milk (I used coconut)
1/2 cup veg oil
2 TBS molasses
1. Preheat oven to 400. Grease muffin tins, I like to use coconut oil, but the spray is groovy too!
2. Fluff together dry ingredients with a fork (flour to cloves).
3. In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients (pumpkin to molasses).
4. Combine wet and dry and pour mixture into muffin pan. Sprinkle tops with a little brown sugar.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Try to eat just one... I dare you....