Ahh what a wonderful weekend! Cooking, hiking, cycling, crafting, dinner with old friends, reading a good new book....in my opinion, all things that comprise a wonderful weekend! I am fully aware that St Patricks day is over, and if I were a more holiday conscious blogger I would have posted these a couple of weeks ago. However, unlike green beer, I think these can be consumed year round!
1/2 cup coconut oil
1.2 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
1/3 cup agave
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 tsp Peppermint oil
1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Warm coconut oil in microwave until liquid. Stir in agave, coconut, vanilla and peppermint. Allow to cool until mixture is almost solid.
2. Roll into small balls, about 1 TBSP size and place on plastic covered cookie sheet. Flatten with spoon or hand.
3. Place in freezer for about 15 mins or until they are nice and firm.
4. Warm chocolate chips in saucepan on low heat until melted. Make sure not to burn your chocolate!
5. Dip patties quickly into chocolate and set on cookie sheet. This is not about perfection...your warm chocolate will melt the patties if you leave it in there for a long time.
6. Place chocolate covered patties in freezer until chocolate has hardened.
* If you are not a coconut person, just leave out the coconut flakes.*
I had some left over chocolate so I mixed in an equal amount of peanut butter to chocolate and then let that set in a shallow pan (again in the freezer). Peanut butter chocolate squares! YUM!
Is that sunshine? In Spokane in March? I think so!
My wonderful friend Jeannette and I took advantage of one of the first nice days of the year with a little run/hike in Spokane's Riverside State Park!