March 25, 2011

Fritata? and Walnut Macaroons!

Some of my cooking adventures are great successes...others, not so wonderful. I made an egg fritata for dinner last night. It looked beautiful, it tasted good, but not blow your mind amazing. However I still wanted to share it with you all and offer up some changes for next time...

Ingredients:
1 cup Whole Grain Rice
1 Tbs Olive Oil
4 eggs
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 Large tomato, sliced
1/4 cup spinach
1-2 bunches fresh parsley
Pepper to taste

1. Pre-cook rice according to directions. Heat OO in medium frying pan. Press rice onto the bottom of the pan.
2. Break eggs directly onto rice. Stir with a fork to break and spread around yolks. Add coconut milk and stir in. Cover and allow to cook 5-10 minutes on med. heat.
3. When eggs are just about set sprinkle on cheese, toms, spinach and parsley. Cover and allow eggs to fully set.
4. Serve!


OK, So I don't know why I added coconut milk to my eggs but I LOVED the egg part of this! SOO yummy. The only part of this dish that was a tad bit disappointing was that the rice got a little crunchy. This was probably from the olive oil. When I make this again I may just cook the eggs without the rice on the bottom and serve with some roasted potatoes.




Also, I made some of those Walnut Macaroons that I talked about on my previous post. I added a little chocolate drizzle to the top of mine and brought some into work to share....they are being snatched up like hot cakes! The original recipe is on Sweet Potato Soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Always excited to hear your thoughts or have you share ideas!