March 22, 2011

Chick Pea and Veggie Curry

I am an idea thief. Some people may call it getting "inspired" and sure, that is a nice way to put it. But I love to look around at what other people are doing and then put my own spin on it in the kitchen. If you just sat me in the kitchen with a bunch of ingredients and no ideas I would be at a bit of a loss. This dish was inspired by Keri over at I Eat Trees. Keri used chick peas for her Vegan in a Hurry Coconut Curry, and I just had to hurry home and make a chick pea curry!


Ingredients:
1 TBS olive oil
1/4 Onion, diced
1 clove Garlic, diced
3-4 leaves rainbow Chard, cut into thin slices
1 bunch of broccoli, broken into florets
3-4 small Yukon gold potatoes, diced
1/2 cup Tofu, diced
1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
1 cup- 1 can Coconut Milk
2 TBS Curry Powder
1 tsp Red Pepper flakes

1. Blanch broccoli, chard and potatoes in boiling water until all are tender.
2. Saute onions and garlic in OO until onions are transparent.Stir in curry powder.  Add in blanched veggies and tofu.
4. Stir in coconut milk. Less for a more thick curry. More for more liquid curry. Let simmer for a couple of minutes.
5. Stir in chick peas. Allow to simmer for another couple of minutes. Add Red pepper flakes to taste. At this point you can add more curry powder until you get the flavor and kick you are looking for.
6. Serve over whole grain rice or cous cous.




Enjoy!

Can you tell I figured out how to edit my photos! Very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always excited to hear your thoughts or have you share ideas!