January 18, 2011

Sammy's Squash Pizza

I must say I am feeling pretty proud of myself right now. As I was driving to yoga this evening I was wondering what I could do for dinner with the yellow squash and zucchini I had bought on sale this weekend. And then it came to me....why not put them on that pizza crust you have in the cupboard?!?! Pretty outrageous stuff I know!!

After working up quite an appetite at yoga it was time to go home and play....here's what I did:

Ingredients:
1/2 yellow squash, sliced
1/2 zucchini, sliced
1/8 sweet onion, diced
2 green onions, diced
1 tomato, sliced
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup parm cheeseor fav. vegan cheese
Sprinkling Dried basil
1 whole wheat pizza crust
pizza sauce (Ill often use jarred pasta sauce)
crushed red pepper (optional)



Pre-heat oven to 375 or heat that pizza crust packaged suggests. Tenderized the squash, zucchini and onions in a frying pan.



Next I gathered all my veggies to start assembling my pizza. OK I am feeling ridiculous writing instructions for this.....


I layered spinach, squash, zucchini, all onions, toms, parm, then basil...... I'm sure it doesn't really matter.....

Pop in the oven for 8-10 mins


It looks good......


And it tastes great!

I have to say this was SUPER yummy. It tasted so fresh and vibrant. I have to admit I did not stop at these two slices....
Unfortunately, Thor went to bed early with a headache. :( I know that he would have loved this so I saved some for his lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always excited to hear your thoughts or have you share ideas!