August 29, 2011

Summer Fresh Smoothie

Woo Hoo, it has been warm here! We have had several days here that have been well over 90F and peaking to about 100F (that's about 38C for my international lovelies). I am LOVING the heat.... it makes it so I can almost ignore the orange tint that is affecting the leaves of all the trees around here...

My basil is doing fairly well in the heat although I think it almost drinks more water than I do!! I almost feel like I have a pet because I literally race home after work just to quench the thirst of my basil plant.

The heat and fresh basil combined on me last week into this A-M-A-Z-I-N-G smoothie.

Summer Fresh Smoothie

3/4 cup frozen pitted cherries
3/4 cup frozen hulled strawberries
1/4 cup fresh basil
Coconut milk to blend

Do I really need to write directions?!?

1. Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth....
2. Garnish with basil leaf

** I know that you are doubting the basil in this smoothie... but give it a chance!**



Understanding my recent obsession for basil a client brought be in some of this small leaf variety... How cool is that?!


And for the social section...
The gals and I finally got out for a night on the town together. We were a little warm, so B&W was the best option for our flushed faces! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always excited to hear your thoughts or have you share ideas!