August 2, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

The other week at the grocery store I found bananas for sale so I grabbed a big bunch. When I got home I saw that Thor had done the same thing when he went to the store the day before.....ooops! :) Although, I must confess that this is one of my favourite grocery shopping mistakes since it means that in just a matter of days we will have some very ripe bananas perfect for smoothies, soft serve and baked goods! As much as I LOVE Banana Bread, I decided to switch it up a little this go round and try some Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies! I found a basic recipe for this on one of my go to recipe sites http://www.allrecipes.com/, and then proceeded to heathify and veganize it!


Ingredients
1 cup WW pastry flour
1 1/2 cups WW flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cane juice sugar
2/3 cup Earth balance, softened
Egg Replacer for 2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

1.Preheat oven to 400. Grease cookie sheets. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together, and set aside.

2.Cream the EB with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg replacer and vanilla. Mix in the mashed bananas. Add the flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.

3.Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
 
 
 
Some reviewers of the original recipe noted that the cookies were a little cake like and I definitely experienced the same thing... this batter would actually make great mini muffins! If you have any suggestions on how to make them less cakey I would love to hear them... I can tell you that they were scrumptious and the cakiness did not stop Thor and I from eating them all!!!
 

This past weekend I got to travel to Seattle to celebrate my youngest brothers 13th birthday! Watch out for a little recap and pics coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always excited to hear your thoughts or have you share ideas!