It reached over 90 degrees in Spokane this weekend. Small beans compared to the heat wave that took over the eastern side of the US last week, but I was pretty excited to bask in the wonderful warmth of the sun.
SO what did I do this weekend? I went salsa dancing, nabbed some cherries from the farmers market, went on a bike ride, baked vegan banana chocolate chip cookies (recipe coming soon!), celebrated 5 years with my beau with some Thai food and a movie, did some driving and kayak/inflatable boat/ inner tube shopping ( no purchase..), then did purchase a kettle and fuzzy slippers and wore them to make avocado pesto pasta for dinner. I know... one of the hottest weekends of the year and I bake cookies and buy a kettle and slippers....I really don't have any explanation...
I have a slight obsession for Asian food. Currys, stir frys, coconuts, peanuts, rice, noodles... LOVE IT! So when I found this recipe on never home maker, I just had to try it!
Asian Peanut Noodle Bowl
For the sauce:
1/2 cup light coconut milk
3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce
5 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons agave
1 tablespoons grated ginger
1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
2 cloves of garlic, minced
For the salad:
1/2 package Asian noodles, cooked as per package directions
8 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
6 cups Bok Choy
2 carrots, sliced
1 zucchini, cut into half moons
1 tablespoon dried cilantro (or 1/4 cup fresh)
1. Combine all sauce ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy. You can always taste and adjust to your preferences!
2. Cook noodles according to package directions
3. Saute tofu in oil until lightly browned. Remove tofu and saute all vegetable until al dente
3. Stir tofu and half of sauce into vegetable and allow to simmer together for a few minutes.
5. Serve in a bowl, drizzly with extra sauce and sprinkle with red pepper flakes or sesame seeds.
Devour! And be really excited that there are leftovers for lunch tomorrow...And nag your sig other to eat more of the vegetables and not just the noodles...