November 15, 2011

There is an Arizona!



Well, it has been so long it almost feels as if I am writing my first ever blog post. I am so very sorry to the small number of people that may actually look forward to new posts from me. promise I have not abandoned this project, just a little hiatus I suppose. So much has happened since we chatted last but instead of boring you with a long laundry list, I will just spend this post on our most recent trip to Phoenix, Arizona!

The first snow fall has officially arrived in Spokane, so an escape to a warmer climate was very welcomed. We were thoroughly enjoying the temps in the low 70's, while locals were bundling up in sweaters.




BBQ "Chicken" Sandwich. Vegan comfort food at Green, an all vegan restaurant in Tempe. One of my favourite things about traveling is discovering the array of veggie options in other cities.




Oh yes, we were those tourists! While locals bundled up, we rocked the convertible... it is what makes a work trip for Thor in to a bit more of a vacation.


Squinting in the sun! We attended "Fall Ball", minor league baseball.



Some of Thors newest fantasy baseball players.... what a dork!!! hehe



Feeling pretty cool!
On Saturday we drove up to Sedona, somehow I managed to snag the keys from Thor...


The red rocks of Sedona... Amazing!

Thor was not sure if he was impressed or terrified at my ability to take pictures, drink coffee and drive all at the same time. Women just multi-task better I guess...

More beautiful shots....

and more....


Cheese!


and more...

and more....


and more..

and more..... these pictures really make me want a high quality camera one day....



Sunset in Sedona. The cloudy day parted to give us the most spectacular sunset!


I am so grateful that I occasional get to tag along on these weekend work trips with Thor. Every place I travel I am so amazed b the beauty that surrounds us. Just another reminder at the spectacular gift that our world is.

Now it is back to reality in Spokane... the holiday season approaching quickly and TWO snow "storms" are headed our way. I think it is time to head to the kitchen for some warm vegan comfort food....






1 comment:

  1. Ah... my old stomping grounds. And you got to see Boston fall ball???? So jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Always excited to hear your thoughts or have you share ideas!