May 31, 2012

Hello June!




Do you like the new background?? It is part of my attempt to re-inspire my blogging consistency.


Boy, I can not believe we are nearly half way through 2012 already! It has been a bit of a whirlwind year for me thus far but also a good year.
I am so excited that summer is arriving and I can not wait to explore more hiking, running, biking and other fun adventures in my new town of Hayden. 
This last weekend we took the short drive to Sandpoint, ID. A cute little town surrounded by 
Lake Pend Oreille.

How darling are Thor's parents!?!?



I have been spending A LOT of time in my yard, prancing about, attempting my first veggie garden and weeding like a maniac. Here are a few of my favourite shots of the garden.







The list of edibles I am attempting to grow this year....

Carrots
Beets
Spinach
Kale
Arugula
Sugar Snap Beans
Shell Peas
Lettuce
6 Varieties of tomato plants
Red, purple and yellow bell peppers
Jalepeno
2 Varieties of eggplants
Zucchini
Strawberries
Herbs - chives, mint, rosemary, sage, parsley, cilantro and coming soon basil

Well I may have bit of more than I can chew (pun intended). It actually makes me a little nervouse to look at that list!

This is my first ever veggie garden so I am planning on a huge percentage of failure and experimentation! That way I can only be pleasantly surprised....haha.

A little note, I have a new love affair cooking up with Tazo Focus Tea. Orangey and chocolatey. YUM!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Always excited to hear your thoughts or have you share ideas!