June 17, 2011

Ahhh, Juice!

I realized that since letting you guys know that I purchased my first juicer, I have not posted any yummy juice recipes. And after my indulgent cupcake post I figured it was the perfect time. I realize that most do not have a juicer, but you can always blend up a Green Smoothie.

I tend to juice about 2 times a week. It is the best pick me up if I'm feeling a little lethargic, have been exposed to a onslaught of germs or just know I have been slacking in the vegetable consumption department. The juices I made this week are not actually the prettiest juices, but I have had so much fun with all the colours!
I have also discovered a bit of a fetish for ginger.. I can't get enough of the stuff. It is really good for and known to help increase the appetite.. not something I generally struggle with...



Green Goddess
2 green apples
1 cup spinach
1 small bunch Bok Choy
1/4 Lemon
1 inch ginger
1/2 cup pineapple

*Made this for the first time today since I had left over bok choy from the Spring Curry... LOVE IT! Lots of goodness but nice n' sweet!



Sunrise Special
3 large carrots
1/4 beet with greens
1 green apple
1 inch ginger

*This is one for the vegetable lovers. If you are new to vegetable smoothie you might want to add a 2nd apple.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Always excited to hear your thoughts or have you share ideas!